I’m a traveller at heart, and a tourism professional by trade who was born and bred in sunny New Zealand. These days I’m based in London working as an events programmer for Bench Events – an organization who specializes in hosting hotel, restaurant and tourism investment conferences. Previously I had a short stint working for the United Nations World Tourism Organization in Madrid. In my ‘private’ life I enjoy snowboarding, rock-climbing and being outdoors.
Most of all I take real pleasure in writing and sharing pictures of my adventures, and helping others plan their own. After being a finalist in the 2012 Expedia Blogger Search I decided that blogging is a real joy, and who knows – maybe it’ll take me places. So here I am, writing, sharing, photographing and rambling about all things travel related.
I’d love to hear from you so please do write to me. I’m open to suggestions of Guest Blogging, Advertising and Sponsorship so lets see where this road leads.
An Ocean Away has worked for:
- The Pub Crawl Pages: “I found Ocean on twitter when looking for a fun person to help me trek around London pub crawls. She has been an absolute pleasure to work with and I hope I can continue to gain exposure through her blog. The value she brings blogging to my market place is exactly what I need.”
- Outdoor Advertising Bureau, Wellington, NZ
- Tattva Design Hostel, Porto, Portugal
- VUWSA – Victoria University Student Association
- Missoula Community Access Television (MCAT)
- Nuts Pub Crawl
- Fox Club Crawl
- Best LDN Walks
- Travel Zoo