AN AMERICAN LEGACY
This is an American game which involves throwing ping-pong balls into cups. Basically what you try to do is get a ball into your oppositions cup in a single throw and the opposition has to drink. Get a ball in via bouncing and the opposition drinks two (mouthfuls, not beers). Very basic terms…. It becomes very political over here (like everything)!
This is a standard issue game at EVERY American party. WITHOUT FAIL!!
10 Ways To Win At Beer Pong
1. Don’t get over-intoxicated while playing (unless you are one of the lucky few that actually starts becoming accurate after having a few drinks).
2. Practice shots in your free time (like Tiger Woods)
3. Use the bounce shot carefully! If you’re good, when your opponents look the other way, sneak a bounce in.
4. Talk a little smack, especially if the other team is under a lot of pressure to make the last cup.
5. Show off some body parts as distraction (the worse the better)
6. Take your time shooting. Of course this is obvious but often overlooked, like a golf shot: sometimes taking your time can win a game or three.
7. Block bounce shots!!!!! These are killer, specially if the opposite team hits the same cup. You will lose very very quickly if you don’t swat those suckers.
8. Get a good teammate. Confidence boosting, congratulatory pats on the back, high-fives and opponent intimidation are some benefits…
9. Don’t let your cups be sitting ducks! If you have a few drinks piled up on the table waiting for you to down, make sure you drink them before your opponent sinks a cup that’s not part of the triangle. This could cost you the game depending on what rules you play by!
10. Don’t get too cocky. Yeah you may be good, but us girls are pretty good beer pong players too (especially Caroline the French girl) and will usually beat you, even more so if you have a big head.
Tips: Avoid Drink-Driving – Make sure you have enough beer for the evening
Have a towel or two on standby…